Iligan Fast Facts
Iligan City is located in the northern coast of Mindanao facing Iligan Bay, bounded in the north by the province of Misamis Oriental, in the east by the provinces of Bukidnon and Lanao del Sur and in the south by the province of Lanao del Norte.
• Taxi are available anytime of the day
• Jeepneys or jeeps are the most common public transport in the city with a minimal fare of P 7.00, P 5.50 for students/Senior Citizens and Persons with disabilities (PWD)
• Habal-habal or motorcycles are the common transport going to the outskirts and hinterlands.
• Government agencies and offices: 8am to 5pm (Monday to Friday)
• Banks: 9am to 3pm (Monday to Friday)
• Business establishments: 9am to 7pm, Monday to Saturday (others are open on Sundays)
Iligan falls within the third type of climate wherein the seasons are not very pronounced. Rain is more or less evenly distributed throughout the year. Because of its tropical location the city does not experience cold weather. Neither does it experience strong weather disturbances due to its geographical location (being outside the typhoon belt).
With the city’s fair climate, loose and comfortable clothes are advised.
Philippine Standard Time is eight hours ahead of Greenwich Meantime.
Iligan City has a population of about 308,046.
Cebuano is the major language. Tagalog and English are also widely understood.